Friday, March 27, 2020
Fun Facts Friday Halloween 1978
1. The famous mask was actually a Captain Kirk mask designed after William Shatner. The mask was purchased for one dollar and was painted white and had some of the features removed like eyebrows and sideburns.
2. Michael Myers was named after a British film promoter who helped John Carpenter with his last film.
3. The original script for the film was named "The Babysitters Murders". But with lack of budget, the movie all had to take place on one night.
4. The town of Haddonfield was based on Debra Hill's hometown of Haddonfield, New Jersey. Just about 20 minutes away from your writers home.
5. After a Critic claimed that Halloween was not very scary, John Carpenter decided to compose the entire score in just three days.
6. The overall darkness of the film was not intended but because the crew could not afford more lighting.
7. Myers is called "The Shape". This was a reference to The Salem Witch Trial Judges who referred to spirits who harm other "Shapes"
8. The knife sound effect was produced by stabbing a water melon with a knife.
9. Dr. Loomis was named after Jamie Lee Curtis's mother's love interest in the movie Psycho.
10. Jamie Lee Curtis was paid just $8,000 dollars for her work in Halloween.
11. Because the film was filmed in the spring time, leaves were hard to come by. The crew would paint paper leaves and spread them around for shots. Once shots were completed, the crew would pick them up and re use them for other scenes.
Pretty cool stuff out of Halloween (1978). Keep it here every day to HH365! Where Every Day Is Haunt Season!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment