email@example.com. Click it now and let your story be heard! Well, without further ado, lets meet Mildred.
1. How long have you been Haunting for?
I started scare acting 13 years ago, but I was introduced to haunts/ horror at a very early age.
2. What brings you back to haunting year after year?
The relationships between other haunters/actors, the bond I share with my family while building/putting the mazes together, and of course getting to scare people every night!
3. Where did you start Haunting?
My older brothers, also known as The Bloodshed Brothers have been doing pro-haunts since 2010. It started as a home haunt in my parents front yard, and grew from there. In 2007 I was finally old enough to start scaring, and they dressed me up as a “kidnapped trick r treater” and I begged for help from inside a dog crate :)
4. What is your favorite part of a night in the Haunt?
At dusk right when the first wave of guests are arriving, and you can see the fog and lighting through the sunset. And you have all of this adrenaline ready to begin the night and feed off of the guest’s excitement.
5. What is the worst part of working in a Haunt?
Dealing with belligerent/rude guests, and getting hit.. or stepped on in my case.
6. What is your all-time favorite scare onto a customer?
Scaring my close friends and family who come through and know that its me under all that makeup, but are still TERRIFIED to come near me in character. That’s always hilarious.
7. What is your Favorite Haunted Attraction outside of your Haunt?
I love Reign of Terror, Sinster Pointe, Mabel’s, Knott’s Scary Farm, MHP, and 17th Door. Also HHN Orlando stole my heart when I went for the first time last year.
8. What is your favorite Theme in a Haunt Attraction?
Anything vintage, asylum, or serial killer themed.
9. Do you have further plans with the Haunted Attraction Industry?
I am currently the actor coordinator for The Bloodshed Brothers and am fully involved with our haunt this year. I’d like to work at Scary Farm or HHN and do free-lance work eventually. In the future, I would love to design and be on the creative side of mazes at theme parks.
10. Where does your inspiration for your Character come from?
The inspiration for my main character comes from the Exorcist, Mama, or The Devil Inside.
11. What are you most looking forward to in the 2020 Haunt Season?
Getting to share all of our hard work, and watch people enjoy it after the craziness that this year has been so far. I can’t imagine Halloween without haunts.
12. Do you expect Haunt Season 2020 to be vastly different than other seasons?
I know for sure it will be different. Things are going to be different for a while, but with the proper health/safety precautions I feel like the people who really enjoy Halloween, will still make it out to their favorite haunts.
13. How long does your make up setup take per night?
Depends on the character, but usually around 30-45 minutes.
14. How often do you work on your character?
I’m always working on costumes and new ideas year round!
15. What do you do for a living outside of haunting?
I am a professional dancer, singer, and actress. I also just graduated from AMDA in Hollywood with a degree in Musical Theater!
Another great interview from another great Haunt Actor! Keep it here for more! HH365! Where Every Day Is Haunt Season!